BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-10-2019, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Default Muscular Tension Part 1

A detailed look at muscular tension and why it's important
Unread 07-11-2019, 04:40 AM

"A heavy set of 5 and a set of 30 taken to failure probably both get about 5 full recruitment reps. The 30 reps to failure just made you do 25 pointless reps to get there."

This is such a good line. And not only it's pointless, but also painful.

Great read.
Unread 07-11-2019, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
"A heavy set of 5 and a set of 30 taken to failure probably both get about 5 full recruitment reps. The 30 reps to failure just made you do 25 pointless reps to get there."

This is such a good line. And not only it's pointless, but also painful.

Great read.
Yeah. BFR has a coulpe of purposes. Injury, when you've maxed out hte weight. Beyond that it's pointless adn painful and accomplishes no more than heavy training. And even less in that it doesn't increase strength or bone mineral density. But it sure looks cool on Instagram.
Unread 07-11-2019, 08:16 AM

Really good article, it makes a ton of sense but I never had put it all together before. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

I have been having aching shoulders lately from heavy overhead work, from reading this it seems like I could mix in some lighter weight dumbbell bench work but do it as myo reps and still achieve similar effective reps as compared to more traditional heavier barbell work. Give the joints a little break while still working the muscle well.
Unread 07-12-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkr View Post
Really good article, it makes a ton of sense but I never had put it all together before. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

I have been having aching shoulders lately from heavy overhead work, from reading this it seems like I could mix in some lighter weight dumbbell bench work but do it as myo reps and still achieve similar effective reps as compared to more traditional heavier barbell work. Give the joints a little break while still working the muscle well.
I'd read this thread. Personally I've moved away from barbell for pretty much everything except pulling exercises like DL and rack pull. They obviously work, I just find them to bother my joints much more.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=35313