BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-27-2017, 05:23 PM

Default Depletion prior to ERFL?

I have ~10 days before I have to make an appearance that I want to look fit for.

For the past 2 weeks I've been lifting upper body every other day, walking ~6 miles, and doing Lower body mobility work due to some quad/hamstring imbalances and flexibility issues.

Since I have a little more time are there any issues running a Depletion like in UD 2.0 prior to the 4 day ERFL? I figured it may help me a little with activating fat burning pathways but was concerned it may cause other hormone issues I hadn't thought of?

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 02-05-2017, 08:59 AM

Default ERFL (sorta) update

Ok quick recap of my results. Note i did not use ephedrine or yohimbine due to drug testing. I did use 200mg caffeine each morning upon waking up. Other supplements were just lots of ibuprofen, fish oil, 5000 iu vitamin d, multivitamin.

Weighed in at 167 the morning of Day 1. I'm never quite sure what my bodyfat% is. I'm well versed at looking at the pictures of other people in that huge thread here and estimating but I have very uneven fat distribution (it all goes to my belly) And anterior pelvic tilt. So I get lean everywhere even my lower back and still have a bit of a belly. Best guess is 18% +/- 3% so somewhere between 15-21% and I'd be shocked if it wasn't in that range.

Day 1 I did a full body depletion workout and walked 6 miles.

Day 2 I did abs, mobility work, and walked 10 miles.

Day 3 I did a 2nd depletion workout and walked 6 miles.

Day 4 I did abs,mobility work, and walked 6 miles.

Day 5 I walked 2.5 miles

Day 6 I did abs, mobility work, and walked 6 miles. I weighed in at 158.2 at the beginning of the morning (down 8.8 lbs from the morning of Day 1)

Unfortunately I went home to see my parents the night of Day 6 and the diet fell apart as I went on a carb frenzy. My mom had bought strawberries, blueberries, clementine, and grapes and made popcorn during a movie. Once I had that it was all over. Cereal, more popcorn, more fruit, milk, and some crackers. Considered it my carb load and end of diet. Really wanted to do this post workout but oh well. Probably ended up slightly over maintenance but not by much and since I was depleted I don't think it would add fat as I kept fat intake very low.

Day 7 I did a strength workout and ate around maintenance with normal carb intake.

Day 8 I weighed in at 162.2 looking significantly leaner in the upper abdomen region. I think I'm at 15% bodyfat or darn close to it.

I would have liked to do more walking but my toenails, hamstrings, and abductors were really hurting. I think in large part due to the APT which created an overuse injury. After that 10 mile day my legs were pretty beat up. I also think my mobility work/stretching may have contributed to this. I wouldn't attempt to do this next time I try this program.

Anyway I will try to eat slightly below maintenance (-10% cal) for day 9 and day 11 while walking 6 miles and doing abs and a mobility workout. And slightly above maintenance (+10%) for day 10 and day 12 while doing 6-8 rep range lifting workouts and walking 6 miles.

My weightlifting session on day 7 after the carb up was very good. Didn't notice any strength loss issues, which was great news.

uld note I continued taking 10g fish oil each day as I did not wish to risk any depression issues. I also used a tanning bed and vitamin d supplements each day to enhance appearance and aid fat loss. I got almost exactly 8 hours sleep each night. If i woke up early I'd force myself back to sleep.

I did allow a few tag along fats and minimal carb intake (1 day of 96% lean burgers, 8 Oz skim milk after each workout, 5-10g carb prior to weightlifting, small amount of olive oil and peppers with chicken/shrimp cooking).

Overall, the diet is very effective and I did not notice any issues with tacking depletion on the first few days. In fact, I think it clearly helped performance as I did not do the herculean walking some others have done.

If you wanna say i didn't do EFRL because I did not follow it to the letter of the law, that's fine I agree. I'm just telling you what I did do, and the results I got.

I will give a final update in a few days so I can note if fat continues to drop after ending the diet.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 02-05-2017 at 09:08 AM. Reason: A