BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-13-2017, 06:39 AM

Default Switch directly from cut to bulk ...

Would there be anything wrong with going from many weeks of dieting, to switch to sur plus calories intake and then train for gain muscle... or should there be some period between??
I think it could be a great way to raise up the down regulated hormones when I'v been dieting... I'm thinking of train harder for muscle gain with surplus calories for two weeks...and then back to dieting....

Last edited by TheVikingFromDenmark : 03-13-2017 at 06:44 AM.
Unread 03-13-2017, 07:29 AM

Seems appropriate:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...-gaining.html/

Swear I'm not a stalker. Just one of those people with a mind like a steel lint trap who reads all the time and researches whatever takes my fancy. Kept coming across articles by this one guy...so here I am.
Unread 03-13-2017, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVikingFromDenmark View Post
Would there be anything wrong with going from many weeks of dieting, to switch to sur plus calories intake and then train for gain muscle... or should there be some period between??
I think it could be a great way to raise up the down regulated hormones when I'v been dieting... I'm thinking of train harder for muscle gain with surplus calories for two weeks...and then back to dieting....
Terrible terrible terrible idea
Unread 03-13-2017, 04:32 PM

Just speaking from a psychological point of view, I've seen people get really depressed with their weight doing this. There's your weight when you're in deficit mode and than there is your weight in maintenance (and bulk) mode. For me that can be 10lbs of difference and that seems to put the fear of God in people that have put all this work into a cut.

From the head game perspective I would probably do maintenance for at least the prescribed minimum of 2 weeks just to find out what "normal" is with regards to weight and being full replenished.
Unread 03-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion009 View Post
Just speaking from a psychological point of view, I've seen people get really depressed with their weight doing this. There's your weight when you're in deficit mode and than there is your weight in maintenance (and bulk) mode. For me that can be 10lbs of difference and that seems to put the fear of God in people that have put all this work into a cut.

From the head game perspective I would probably do maintenance for at least the prescribed minimum of 2 weeks just to find out what "normal" is with regards to weight and being full replenished.
More important than even this: there is NO measurable amuont of msucle that can be gained in 2 weeks. But th body is absolutely primed for fat gain. It's just a terrible idea.
Unread 03-14-2017, 09:07 AM

Thanks for the article, Holly70, interesting reading..and thanks for the other adwise here in this thread, it means a lot to me...I'v been really confused over what to do to now..I'v been dieting down from 87 kg to 72. 2 kg bodyweight, It been really nice time, of cause I benn hungry some times, but I like it, and a fine 0.5 kg fat have been thown of every week, consistantly.. Somtimes 0 KG but the week after 1 kg, so The woosh fat thing seems to be right...But the last 14 days, I havent drop down in my bodyweight, so I think its time to try to bring som of the downregulated hormones up.. As I can understand it will be great to go on maintaince calories for 2 weeks and have enouth calories from carbohydrates as this has a positive effect on leptin, and allso the tyroid hormones maybe...
I absolute new to this thing with bringing up hormones, after dieting, I think maybe it will be a good ide to buy this book, "A Guide to Flexible Dieting", I want to learn more about refeeds and diet breaks... I think I have a low bodyfat percentage now, maybe 12-15, havent been measured...Is there a way of going further down without using the ultimate diet 2.0, I like to do it the slow way, and with my own fullbody training program 3 times a week....
Unread 03-14-2017, 09:11 AM

Do a cat 1 rfl run. Or if you wanna stick with your own lifting read the setting up deficit article and proceed that way.
Unread 03-14-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Do a cat 1 rfl run. Or if you wanna stick with your own lifting read the setting up deficit article and proceed that way.
hmm is RFL allso for forpeople on low bodyfat, have not read the book....
Unread 03-15-2017, 10:08 PM

Yes, you'd do a category one which is only 2 weeks. Highly recommend reading the book if you decide to go that route