BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 10-20-2018, 02:17 PM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
I've developed a rule of thumb: anything Mike Isratel says is, by definition wrnog. And the opposite is therefore correct. I have literally NEVER seen him get a single thing right, I htin all of his advice is garbage unless you're on his drugs. He's wrong about volume being the driver on growth (and I bet he HATEDE that his own study showed that), he's wrong about training while dieting. He's wrong about EVERYTHING.
Generally yeah. Promotes maintenance phased and reducing food palatability. Nothing new but I try to see the good in people. But I'm just 30...maybe a matter of tine
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 10-20-2018, 02:20 PM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,915
Default

Actually no. I've used a prep coach who deals with mostly drug users. Even on drugs he prepped me lifting heavy all the way and used a moderate volume dup, tension/fatigue days. Mike's theories are just out there regarding that
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 10-20-2018, 03:14 PM
Roadkill Roadkill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Default

This is really bugging me for some reason but why did you say in the generic bulking routine lateral raise and rear delts 3-4x6-8(3')? Arent small muscle groups supposed to be him more directly with isolation and/or higher reps(10-15) or am i missing something?
__________________
The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 10-20-2018, 06:21 PM
Tanizaki Tanizaki is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Default

I notice all of the studies you’ve covered are on the advanced natty.

Do you think volume should change for users of AAS e.g. more volume being optimal for those on gear?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 10-20-2018, 06:48 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Generally yeah. Promotes maintenance phased and reducing food palatability. Nothing new but I try to see the good in people. But I'm just 30...maybe a matter of tine
I have no idea what maintenance phased is but, good grief. Eat less palatable foods. How very cutting edge.

His training advice, everything I"ve ever seen, is asinine. For someone with a PhD, he seriously doesn't know crap. I mean, I might trust him on steroid cycles.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 10-20-2018, 06:49 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
This is really bugging me for some reason but why did you say in the generic bulking routine lateral raise and rear delts 3-4x6-8(3')? Arent small muscle groups supposed to be him more directly with isolation and/or higher reps(10-15) or am i missing something?
Huh?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 10-20-2018, 06:49 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanizaki View Post
I notice all of the studies you’ve covered are on the advanced natty.

Do you think volume should change for users of AAS e.g. more volume being optimal for those on gear?
Can argue it both ways so meh. Taking moer drugs >training.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 10-20-2018, 07:19 PM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,915
Default

Phases, phone autocorrects. Fair points,


Natty routine+drugs=greatness. Doing too much just because you're enhanced might just undo the superior recovery.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 10-20-2018, 07:54 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Phases, phone autocorrects. Fair points,


Natty routine+drugs=greatness. Doing too much just because you're enhanced might just undo the superior recovery.
Honeslty, I think this makes the best point. My old coach felt that the best way to do it would be to find the maximal volume you could handle naturally and then just add drugs without adding any more training.

ULtimately you can find guys on drugs that did low volume (Dorian), high volume and everything in between. The training honestly stops mattering for the most part. Hit a plateau? take more gear.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 10-21-2018, 02:02 AM
Roadkill Roadkill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Default

Sorry, english is not my 1st language and i worded it really weird last night. Lets try again: in part 3 in the section The Generic Bulking Routine you put Lateral Raises as 3-4 sets with 6-8 reps and 3 minutes rest, why this heavy, isnt isolation work for lateral delts supossed to be done for higher reps, same for rear delts?
__________________
The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.