BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-16-2011, 07:22 AM

Default Social RFL - 5 Days on, 2 Days off - Lifestyle Diet

I'm REALLY enjoying my new experiment, the Social RFL Lifestyle Diet

Basically, its Strict RFL M-F, and Social Diet Sa-Su

M-F - Strict RFL
Sa - Watch what I eat, but alcohol is allowed
Su - Watch what I eat, but Sunday Family Dinner

My goal is to consistently lose 2-3lbs per week.

So far, I am very excited with the results. I have also organized ALL of my responsibilities (above and beyond the diet ... school, work, etc) during the week to leave my weekends free to socialize and have fun.

Day 1 of each week is my guideline. At Week 3 Day 1, I was 6lbs down from Week1 Day 1, which is an average of 3lbs per week.

We'll see how this goes. This is my personal experiment which I wanted to share with anyone who is having trouble sticking to RFL.
Unread 09-07-2011, 01:34 AM

Sounds like a modified anabolic diet. Out of curiosity, what does your training look like and how well are you maintaining strength? Do you use any pre-workout carbs on your psmf day workouts?

2-3lbs a week seems a bit ambitious, what is your height, weight and bf%?
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popupwindow View Post
Sounds like a modified anabolic diet. Out of curiosity, what does your training look like and how well are you maintaining strength? Do you use any pre-workout carbs on your psmf day workouts?

2-3lbs a week seems a bit ambitious, what is your height, weight and bf%?
I train 6 days a week with Sundays off at 7am with a 5x5 Pyramid training program
4 Exercises, 5 Sets of 5 Reps, each Set heavier than the previous

M - Legs - Squats, Presses, Curls, Extensions
T - Back - 3 pulls, 1 push
W - Chest - DB Press, DB Incline, DB Decline, Flys
Th - Shoulders + Calves - DB Press, Flys, Shrugs, Calf Raises
F - Arms - DB Curl, Cable Tris, Bar Curl, Tri Extensions
Sa - Core - Cable Crunch, Torso Rotation, Ab Crunch, Hip Abd/Add

I am classified as a Beginner Trainer, but this program accomodates me for reasons outside the bounds of this discussion.

Each Week I start Set 1 at the previous Week's Set 2, which means I am consistently improving my strength gains. I use JEFIT PRO on my Android to record my training regimen.

I do not consume pre-workout carbs, however I do take pre-workout E/C + Creatine.

I'f you like to get a better idea of my stats, you're more than welcome to check out my RFL log (link located in sig)

Thanks for the reply.
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
I'm REALLY enjoying my new experiment, the Social RFL Lifestyle Diet

Basically, its Strict RFL M-F, and Social Diet Sa-Su

M-F - Strict RFL
Sa - Watch what I eat, but alcohol is allowed
Su - Watch what I eat, but Sunday Family Dinner

My goal is to consistently lose 2-3lbs per week.

So far, I am very excited with the results. I have also organized ALL of my responsibilities (above and beyond the diet ... school, work, etc) during the week to leave my weekends free to socialize and have fun.

Day 1 of each week is my guideline. At Week 3 Day 1, I was 6lbs down from Week1 Day 1, which is an average of 3lbs per week.

We'll see how this goes. This is my personal experiment which I wanted to share with anyone who is having trouble sticking to RFL.
i like the lifestyle approach to this but eventually you do have to stop losing weight (if you dont seriously backtrack or yoyo that is) so what do you do then? maintenance all the way or something else?
Unread 10-12-2011, 02:34 AM

The diet idea is cool if it works for you, and the weekends don't turn into binges.

That training routine is absolutely terrible. And for someone doing RFL its somewhere way past terrible. Once your newbie lifting period is over you will hit a brick wall, hard.

If you've got the RFL book and you've been posting here for over a year, you really should know what you should be doing. The latest Leangains article might be a refreshing read for you.
Unread 10-12-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
The diet idea is cool if it works for you, and the weekends don't turn into binges.

That training routine is absolutely terrible. And for someone doing RFL its somewhere way past terrible. Once your newbie lifting period is over you will hit a brick wall, hard.

If you've got the RFL book and you've been posting here for over a year, you really should know what you should be doing. The latest Leangains article might be a refreshing read for you.
I'm following the 5x5 Ascending as described in this article:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...5-program.html

I have not hit a wall, and I'm close to maxed out on just about everything except barbell exercises. I'm still hitting new PRs each week since June.
Unread 10-12-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
I'm following the 5x5 Ascending as described in this article:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...5-program.html
Thats lovely, but not what I was talking about.

The 5x5 rep/set range is about the only good thing about what you are doing.

Working out 6 days a week, massively overloading some muscles, only hitting others once a week, generally putting on far, far too much volume for anyone natural, let alone someone dieting. And having a "core day". All bad.

I can absolutely guarantee you that
a) You would be getting better results doing something else
b) You will crash and burn in the near future

It doesn't bother me what you do, but you may just want to ask yourself why you are contradicting most of what is on the main site about lifting.
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
Thats lovely, but not what I was talking about.

The 5x5 rep/set range is about the only good thing about what you are doing.

Working out 6 days a week, massively overloading some muscles, only hitting others once a week, generally putting on far, far too much volume for anyone natural, let alone someone dieting. And having a "core day". All bad.

I can absolutely guarantee you that
a) You would be getting better results doing something else
b) You will crash and burn in the near future

It doesn't bother me what you do, but you may just want to ask yourself why you are contradicting most of what is on the main site about lifting.
Thank you for your input, what would you recommend for someone who has to go to the gym 6 days a week.

FWIW I'm not stalling on anything, and this is by far the easiest program I have ever stuck to.
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:53 AM

What are your big lifts like?

Honestly, as you are mainly doing RFL, I would do what is in the RFL book. If time is a problem - not sure why you have to go to the gym six days a week - cut it in half. So do half the routine 1 day, half the next, take a day or two off and repeat.

Fundamentally, no one dieting (unless doing something specific like UD2) needs to lift more than 3 times a week. If you still want to hit the gym 6 times, do some easy cardio the other days.

I would also go read the main site a lot. All the stuff about lifting frequency, and good routines for beginners seems to have passed you by.
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your input, what would you recommend for someone who has to go to the gym 6 days a week.

FWIW I'm not stalling on anything, and this is by far the easiest program I have ever stuck to.
Why do you need to go 6 days a week?
If you have time to do 5x5 for 4 movements, you should probably just be going 3 days a week.