BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-14-2012, 04:39 PM

Default Do steroids give you a good sense of well being i.e. make you feel good constantly?

I read some experiences of first time users saying it makes them "feel like god" but others say it makes them feel lethargic, gives flu like symptoms and they have trouble sleeping.

Or is there any drug that can consistently make you feel great all the time?

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 04-14-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
I read some experiences of first time users saying it makes them "feel like god" but others say it makes them feel lethargic, gives flu like symptoms and they have trouble sleeping.

what is your question?

There are many, MANY drugs that can make you feel great for a short time.
4. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
5. Check the STICKY threads.
6. use this handy google search link to find all my posts.
7. Info on supplement evidence
8. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
Unread 04-14-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:

At first people tend to feel good and confident but as dosages go up you feel more and more lethargic and as you say may get flu like symptoms. Some of the really huge guys workout like 45min twice a week because they feel tired and like crap. Then you read about their supposed 6 day per week routines in the glossy magazines.

Of course there are individual variations and some are more sensitive than others. Some compounds are also harsher than others. For example tren is known to mess with your mind (once again this varies between people and some can control it better than others).
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Banned

I am no expert but I do frequent steroid boards, mostly for educational purposes. From what I gather:

Testosterone injections is what makes guys feel like "god". Typically dosed at 500-1000 mg/wk. This will replace what your body makes naturally and multiply it by 400-600%! The worst side effect seems to be high blood pressure. Other sides can include hair loss but lethargy, liver damage and loss of libido is typically a non issue. Natty test shutdown occurs but you don't get the side-effects from it since it is being replaced by a synthetic source.

Oral steroids (i.e. D-bol, anavar, anabol, winny etc.) is where the problems come in. These drugs can also cause shutdown and you will get the side effects that go with it- loss of libito, lethargy, liver damage etc.. unless you keep injectable testosterone in the mix (liver damage will still exist). This is why experienced users tell you that you need a "test base"- to avoid shutdown (and often why guys end up shopping for a doctor to prescribe TRT).

Then you have injectable steroids like winny, tren etc.. which have other problems but for the most part do the same thing as orals- so you need the test base as well.

Problem is it's much easier to obtain orals (and legit ones) then it is to obtain legit injectable testosterone. Not to mention some guys simply can't bring themselves to use a needle. So, guys often leave out the "test base" and you have all kinds of crazy side effects due to your natty production shuting down. Prohormones, which are supplements that just convert to oral steroids (above) can be bought off just about any supplement website and it's semi legal! These are basically oral steroids and everyone is running them without the test base (mostly teenagers who don't even know what testosterone is or does).

Some legal oral products claim to convert to test hence providing you with the test base but most people seem to agree they don't work (the dhea based compounds).

That's the jest of it. I have no experience with any of it, for some stupid reason I find it interesting.

If you are looking for consistent god feeling most older guys on 150-200 mg test per week talk it up like it's the bee's knees. I dunno sounds great but then you are dependent on it for life. The thought of that scares me, personally.

Last edited by jesse : 04-15-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post
I am no expert but I do frequent steroid boards, mostly for educational purposes. From what I gather:

Testosterone injections is what makes guys feel like "god". Typically dosed at 500-1000 mg/wk. This will replace what your body makes naturally and multiply it by 400-600%! The worst side effect seems to be high blood pressure. Other sides can include hair loss but lethargy, liver damage and loss of libido is typically a non issue. Natty test shutdown occurs but you don't get the side-effects from it since it is being replaced by a synthetic source.

Oral steroids (i.e. D-bol, anavar, anabol, winny etc.) is where the problems come in. These drugs can also cause shutdown and you will get the side effects that go with it- loss of libito, lethargy, liver damage etc.. unless you keep injectable testosterone in the mix (liver damage will still exist). This is why experienced users tell you that you need a "test base"- to avoid shutdown (and often why guys end up shopping for a doctor to prescribe TRT).

Then you have injectable steroids like winny, tren etc.. which have other problems but for the most part do the same thing as orals- so you need the test base as well.

Problem is it's much easier to obtain orals (and legit ones) then it is to obtain legit injectable testosterone. Not to mention some guys simply can't bring themselves to use a needle. So, guys often leave out the "test base" and you have all kinds of crazy side effects due to your natty production shuting down. Prohormones, which are supplements that just convert to oral steroids (above) can be bought off just about any supplement website and it's semi legal! These are basically oral steroids and everyone is running them without the test base (mostly teenagers who don't even know what testosterone is or does).

Some legal oral products claim to convert to test hence providing you with the test base but most people seem to agree they don't work (the dhea based compounds).

That's the jest of it. I have no experience with any of it, for some stupid reason I find it interesting.

If you are looking for consistent god feeling most older guys on 150-200 mg test per week talk it up like it's the bee's knees. I dunno sounds great but then you are dependent on it for life. The thought of that scares me, personally.
Thanks a bunch. That was great. Why is testosterone so hard to get? I thought it was really cheap?

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:02 AM

Steroids and Prohormones which lead to a higher than normal test or DHT level seem to produce the most benefit in terms of Feelgood/alpha male type effects such as confidence, and elevated libido. Even those which are structurally similar or derived from test/DHT can do much the same.

Products which are derivatives of nandrolone or which tend to produce significant liver toxicity are usually a little more sketchy in terms of end result. While some notice similar positive effects the majority probably do not.
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks a bunch. That was great. Why is testosterone so hard to get? I thought it was really cheap?

Since it is considered a controlled substance legality is often a concern. WInding up with a felony can destroy one's professional career. Then of course you will likely be buying something made in some dudes basement in India so quality can be hit or miss. Check around on some of the roid forums; guys are always complaining of infections or what not.

The best way to do it (and what most people wind up doing after 2-3 cycles anyways) is to get on prescribed TRT, then you can throw in orals in the form of prohormones (legally), 2-3 cycles per year. As noted if you have that test base, a lot of the side effects are negated. Test won't help liver stress of course.

Before you go messing with roids I highly recommend watching this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2UE...eature=related

It's long but very inspirational, IMO.
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post

Before you go messing with roids I highly recommend watching this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2UE...eature=related

It's long but very inspirational, IMO.
Good video. I have seen it so many times (what he talks about in the video) and he is spot on regarding many things.

Last edited by mrlakramondas : 04-16-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:28 AM

The problem with talking in generalities here is that what we refer to as "steroids" is a number of drugs, all which have somewhat different effects that are often individual to the user/dose.
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

Like some say about diets can almost stand true for the cycles.
Maintaining/Coming off a diet is the hardest part

Most never properly come of right. There lies the issues
Loss of gians and loss of manhood

PCT! POST CYCLE THEREPY!