BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Ketogenic Diet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-11-2012, 05:35 PM

Default Keto Adaption or glycogen depleted?

Hi there guys, I'm in hell . I know that the adaption period takes 2-3 weeks and you experience fatigue and brain fog which I have now, but I don't know if I overstepped my boundaries. I began a lot of body exercises (squats, pushups) to failure throughout the day when I began keto (4 or 5 days ago) so I can hit the gym next week ( was out of it currently). I've been having the metallic taste in my mouth for about 2-3 days, only consuming fats and lots of protein. Not sure of my macros atm, but my carbs are under 25 a day. Today I tried the squats and pushups again and I could barely do them, I got was pretty much exhausted from lifting a mattress. I'm trying to finish through the Ketogenic diet, but the brain fog is making it hard to focus. Should I carb up now or wait this out? Can't tell if I'm still adapting or if I depleted of glycogen.

Squats and situps to failure about 6-7 sets the past 4 or 5 days (brainfog)
Unread 08-06-2012, 02:19 PM

well, in most cases; if your body is depleted of glycogen then your body is using fat as its alternate fuel source. If you feel weak and less energetic then the best answer would be to assume your body is adjusting. You very well may be in ketosis, however the induction period adjustment period takes 10-30 days I've read. Best to give it a while and see how you feel. Keep sticking to it though!