BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Bacfa Bacfa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 547
Default Bacfa's UD2 cut log

Background:

Age: 21
Height: 173,5 cm
Body Weight: 65 kg
Bench: 120kg (current, with a crappy technique though)
Squat: 150kg (4 years ago)
Deadlift: 180kg (4 years ago)
Chin-up: BW + 55kg (current)

I've been lifting on and off ever since I was a teenager. I've focused on strenght, MMA, karate, gymnastics, aerobic performance and whatever happened to intrigue me the most.

I just finished my compulsory military service and I lost a lot of strength while I was there; Squat and Deadlift results are way down. I managed to keep my bodyfat reasonably low. Benchpress results are pretty much the same as before.

I've been a fat kid and a soft teen. I've achieved my PR squat and deadlift results when I was 16, bulking myself up to 85 kg (89 after a christmas feast).

I first dropped my BF to where I stand now when I discovered the Leangains protocol. I've applied it ever since.

I started a "strict" UD a week ago, having first done something resembling UD a few weeks. I'm doing the 8-day version until I reach the normal weekly schedule (2 weeks left) and move on to the standard 7-day protocol.

Goals:

I don't know my BF, but I plan on getting that last bit of slab covering my lower abs off and moving on to maintenance calories. We'll see how many weeks of UD2 it will take . (8 weeks max) I'll need to start focusing on my studies super intensively by the end of march, so by then I'll need to switch to a less of a hassle style eating/training; possibly a 3xweek Leangains style EOD. (I'm open to other suggestions as well)

I plan on reaching a 3xBW Deadlift, 2,5xBW squat, 2xBW bench and a one armed chin. I'll try my best to get stronger during UD, but my main goal right now is on getting leaner. I'm focusing on getting to a state where I can maintain single digit BF all year round.

This is what I look like today:






BF estimate anyone?

The pics are taken after the first depletion workout of the schedule. Feeling "flat, stringy and week" already. I tend to always do an exhausting 1,5 - 2 h workout on the first day and then take it easier with fewer sets on "tuesday". I'll post my food intake and the schedule of the day later this evening.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Bacfa Bacfa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 547
Default More pictures





Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Bobbyguns18's Avatar
Bobbyguns18 Bobbyguns18 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: L.I., NY
Posts: 1,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacfa View Post
Background:

Age: 21
Height: 173,5 cm
Body Weight: 65 kg
Bench: 120kg (current, with a crappy technique though)
Squat: 150kg (4 years ago)
Deadlift: 180kg (4 years ago)
Chin-up: BW + 55kg (current)

I've been lifting on and off ever since I was a teenager. I've focused on strenght, MMA, karate, gymnastics, aerobic performance and whatever happened to intrigue me the most.

I just finished my compulsory military service and I lost a lot of strength while I was there; Squat and Deadlift results are way down. I managed to keep my bodyfat reasonably low. Benchpress results are pretty much the same as before.

I've been a fat kid and a soft teen. I've achieved my PR squat and deadlift results when I was 16, bulking myself up to 85 kg (89 after a christmas feast).

I first dropped my BF to where I stand now when I discovered the Leangains protocol. I've applied it ever since.

I started a "strict" UD a week ago, having first done something resembling UD a few weeks. I'm doing the 8-day version until I reach the normal weekly schedule (2 weeks left) and move on to the standard 7-day protocol.

Goals:

I don't know my BF, but I plan on getting that last bit of slab covering my lower abs off and moving on to maintenance calories. We'll see how many weeks of UD2 it will take . (8 weeks max) I'll need to start focusing on my studies super intensively by the end of march, so by then I'll need to switch to a less of a hassle style eating/training; possibly a 3xweek Leangains style EOD. (I'm open to other suggestions as well)

I plan on reaching a 3xBW Deadlift, 2,5xBW squat, 2xBW bench and a one armed chin. I'll try my best to get stronger during UD, but my main goal right now is on getting leaner. I'm focusing on getting to a state where I can maintain single digit BF all year round.

This is what I look like today:






BF estimate anyone?

The pics are taken after the first depletion workout of the schedule. Feeling "flat, stringy and week" already. I tend to always do an exhausting 1,5 - 2 h workout on the first day and then take it easier with fewer sets on "tuesday". I'll post my food intake and the schedule of the day later this evening.
A cut? Really? How much leaner do you want to get? Are you competing in a bodybuilding show? Stop trolling and eat a sandwich, bro....
__________________
"Success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"
"Death is winning; Do something!"


My RFL Log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=21716

My new "Flexible" Diet Log (9/8/13)
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=26761
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Bacfa Bacfa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyguns18 View Post
A cut? Really? How much leaner do you want to get? Are you competing in a bodybuilding show? Stop trolling and eat a sandwich, bro....
Yes, really. Even though I'm lean all over, there's still some flab on my lower abs. I'll drop some of it. I'm close to a point where I can maintain a condition I'm completely satisfied with. I want to be there before I start studying law more intensively. It will save me time not having to think about my looks. Berkhan has a nice article written on the issue.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/03/sec...eing-lean.html
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-18-2014, 01:46 PM
ipax ipax is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 360
Default

Bacfa, that's some serious work and results, and seriously impressive for it being from whenever you started to 21.

You want to get leaner still? Go for it! Richard Bach's Jonathan Livingston Seagull is one of my fav books

BF? "Athletic, Lean, and Animally Sexy" :-p (Though I've met at least 1 girl who claimed not to like that.) I linked to a visual chart in the first post of my RFL "log"; look up if you have to have a number.

I'm sure you'll figure out a maintenance protocol when you need to.

I *am* curious about something: your Leangains experience. I assume you weren't coached by Berkhan, and that you put together your protocol from info on the site. If so ... would you write down in as much detail as you can muster exactly what that involved for food and exercise? If you'd prefer to do that offline, perhaps PM me?

Lastly, I only randomly happened to see this log. But am glad I did. For the inspiration. Thanx for posting, man!
__________________
Instruction does much, but encouragement does everything. -- Goethe
. UD2/pix . RFL/pix
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Bobbyguns18's Avatar
Bobbyguns18 Bobbyguns18 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: L.I., NY
Posts: 1,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacfa View Post
Yes, really. Even though I'm lean all over, there's still some flab on my lower abs. I'll drop some of it. I'm close to a point where I can maintain a condition I'm completely satisfied with. I want to be there before I start studying law more intensively. It will save me time not having to think about my looks. Berkhan has a nice article written on the issue.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/03/sec...eing-lean.html
Well then in that case, I'd say you're no higher than 9-10%.
__________________
"Success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"
"Death is winning; Do something!"


My RFL Log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=21716

My new "Flexible" Diet Log (9/8/13)
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=26761
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Bacfa Bacfa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyguns18 View Post
Well then in that case, I'd say you're no higher than 9-10%.
That's in line with my own estimates. Great!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Bacfa Bacfa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipax View Post
Bacfa, that's some serious work and results, and seriously impressive for it being from whenever you started to 21.

You want to get leaner still? Go for it! Richard Bach's Jonathan Livingston Seagull is one of my fav books

BF? "Athletic, Lean, and Animally Sexy" :-p (Though I've met at least 1 girl who claimed not to like that.) I linked to a visual chart in the first post of my RFL "log"; look up if you have to have a number.

I'm sure you'll figure out a maintenance protocol when you need to.

I *am* curious about something: your Leangains experience. I assume you weren't coached by Berkhan, and that you put together your protocol from info on the site. If so ... would you write down in as much detail as you can muster exactly what that involved for food and exercise? If you'd prefer to do that offline, perhaps PM me?

Lastly, I only randomly happened to see this log. But am glad I did. For the inspiration. Thanx for posting, man!
Cheers mate! Appreciate all the compliments! I've actually made a mental note for myself to read that book, thanks for reminding me.

Yeah I've actually dated one of those oddities. It seems I'm around 9%.

I can post it here np, but I seriously don't have the time for it right now. I'll post it here when I get the chance!

One of the main reasons for posting my progress here was to inspire and to be inspired; posts like yours keep me going!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-19-2014, 12:15 AM
loc loc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 604
Default

Nice work, you've gotten some solid results thus far. Most would be content at where you're at, but if you have the desire, might as well push onward!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Bacfa Bacfa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 547
Default Liver carbs? lol

Today was the second depletion day of the program. I'm glad I had depleted myself almost entirely yesterday; I was tired and my motivation was way down. I still managed to do a workout pretty much as prescribed in the book. I like doing a bit more shoulder work though.

I had this book that I need to return to the library tomorrow, so I had to have it read today. So what I did was some steady state cycling 30 min pre and 30 min post-workout while reading Conn Iggulden . I've done it before; great multitasking.

The reason I'm this tired is probably due to the 30 min swim yesterday morning, I think I ended up going a bit too fast. But all is well, I've been able to sleep long and deep! I've noted that as long as I'm able to sleep I can recover from pretty much anything.

Hunger has usually been an issue on the first depletion days and I was quite ravenous yesterday. Today however, I didn't feel a need to consume any food at all, but still ended up overeating carbs. Not because I didn't plan my food intake well enough or 'cause I binged on something, but because of THE CARBS IN BEEF LIVER. I suppose it's stored glycogen? This baffled and caught me by surprise: hence the 57g carbs today.
I usually eat roughly 30g carbs on depletion days.

In the attached chart you'll see my weight development from the start of this year (approx. started applying UD2) and on the right the macros of the day. I could post specific food intakes and nutrion data from the program, but they're in Finnish so you wouldn't do much with it. I had liver, 500g veggies, milk protein, egg whites, coconut oil and cottage cheese today. I spiced my food. That's pretty much it.

Red line: my weight, Blue line: What my weight should be if I'm estimating my calorie expenditure and intake correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nimetön.jpg (88.8 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Bacfa : 01-19-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Added instructions for reading the chart
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.