BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:12 PM

Default First Round of RFL, M, 26, Cat 2

Hey ho, will be starting my first RFL for 6 weeks on 3. November 2014.

I have been out of shape for a while, here are some stats:
weight: 94kg/ 207lbs
height: 177cm/ 5"10
belly circumference: 98.2 cm
BF: 25% (Calculator)
BF: 21% (Says my doctor, but she measured it with some 80s equipment)

Masterplan:
I aim to loose 8 kg/18lbs of fat in this first round, eat 2 weeks at maintenance and do a second round of 6 weeks in which I aim to loose another 6 kg/13lbs.
At 80kg/176 lbs I will continue with leangains/eating at a less severe deficit.

My training program is 5x5 SL with some minor modifications from my physiotherapist and I will keep doing it. If it gets too hard I will drop to 3x5 and maybe only workout 2 times per week.

My nutrition will be the same every day:

Meal 1:
250g Turkey
250g Broccoli
125g Low Fat Cottage Cheese
200g Cucumber
2 Garlic Gloves

Meal 2:
30g Whey

Meal 3:
as meal 1

Meal 4:
30g Whey

Supplements:
Purepharma Fish Oil
Power Star Foods Mineral Caps
Power Star Foods Vital Caps

Daily Macros:
1113 kcal, 33g carbs, 21g fat, 192g protein

Any input will be highly appreciated,
be excellent to each other.
Unread 11-02-2014, 08:09 PM

Less Whey more whole food. Or, alternate when applicable but don't be so rigid and just eat the same thing every day. Welcome to insanity city very soon.

And, FYI - casein is awesome on RFL. Mix with a slight touch of water and it makes a thick pudding.
Unread 11-03-2014, 12:15 AM

First of all good luck - I have done RFL and UD2.0 and they are no walk in the park! But the do have awesome results. I am running RFL currently and started today - so lets make it a challenger shall we?

Upload / keep photos helps with the motivation.

Definitely change whey up for whole foods.

Also you can probably split out 250g of turkey in to two portions?

Last edited by Neilnacarter : 11-03-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Unread 11-03-2014, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the input, I will keep the whey/bcaas as low as possible and think about splitting the meals in even smaller portions. But that may not work for me because I am used to huge portion sizes due to the way I eat normally --> leangains

Day 1.

Took pre-measurements and weighed in at 93.1 kg.

Finished fasted 5x5 SL training and mobility work. Felt good.

Had most kcal post-workout at dinner (500g turkey, 500g broccoli, 200g cottage cheese). I know this was suboptimal, but I didnīt have any time to eat before.

Prepped food for the next 4 days.
Unread 11-03-2014, 04:56 PM

You sound like the Cat 2 version of me. (I'm Cat 3, shooting for 170g of protein). Meals are pretty similar, I do 2 protein shakes, a lunch and a post work out/evening meal or 4 'feeds' a day. Lunch I sometimes throw in chicken or tuna depending on whether I feel like something other than turkey.

Don't forget to salt your cucumber and have a coffee before working out.

You don't say how long you've been lifting for/what your lifts are but I've found 3-4 sets on compounds (I play around with rep ranges and intensities e.g. squats 3x8-10 @ 70% Mondays, 3 x 5 @ 85% Wednesdays...Prilepin table stuff) is more than enough and I think it's mentioned in the book that intensity is more important than volume with respect to resistance training.
Unread 11-04-2014, 12:34 PM

Day 2.

Had lunch at work and I am eating dinner right now, will go out and have another meal or 2 protein shakes before I go to bed.

Feeling pretty terrible, but I guess that is what I signed up for

Had 2 Red Bull zero and 2 espressi, guess that helped me at work tremendously.

Got a personal trainer for the next 6 weeks in order to help with compliance and make sure, that my form isnīt lacking from mental fog and weakness.

Background

Martial arts was my life from age 6 till 18. Had a knee surgery after an accident, quit sports and became fat due to self-pity.

3 years ago I started going to the gym, but without consistency. 8 months ago I went to a physical therapist, and she taught me how to "fix" myself and gave me the hope of becoming an athlete again.

I have been following 5x5 SL constantly for 6 months now. Did Leangains and already lost 16lbs. But I donīt want to be dieting like this for 10 months, thus the decision to do 2 RFL cycles. I also want to loose the weight fast because I want to start running. Miss running like crazy. But 30 lbs extra are too much for my joints atm.

Have issues with my knees and shoulder, so I take things very slowly. Switched from back squats 5x5 220lbs to 5x5 90 lbs front squats recently in order to build my quadriceps (vastus medialis), which needs proper strength in order to help me with my knee issues. Also I couldnīt do military press with heavy weights, so I did kettlebell presses instead. Now switching again to military and trying out how my shoulder developed.
Went down with my dl weight from 1x5 242 lbs to 210lbs due to fear of bad form, will post a video in r/weightroom and work on that with my pt as well.
Unread 11-05-2014, 03:52 PM

Default Day 3

Switching 5x5 SL to 3x5... I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.ing exhausting to train while in ketosis... I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post....

Skipping chin ups and push ups as well, only 3 exercises 3X5 2-3 times a week.

Will train next time with Gatorade.

Skipped the whey shakes for a 10 eggwhite omelette.

Does anybody know: Is going to the sauna a good or bad idea while in ketosis?
Unread 11-06-2014, 05:51 PM

Default Day 4

So, switching whey for real food really helps with hunger.

Meal 1:

250g Turkey
250g Broccoli

Meal 2:

250g Filet mignon
250g Broccoli

Snack:
150g fat free cheese (in case that 8g of fat per 100g counts as "fat free")

1050kcal, 190 p, 26 f, 10 c

Will be helping a friend move tomorrow (physically exhausting, therefore interesting how my body will react) and have my first free meal after that, probably a t-bone stake with some potatoes or sth like that. Trying to stay under 1200kcal for that day though. So only 1 meal at a lunch and in the evening the "feast".
Unread 11-06-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlansky View Post
Switching 5x5 SL to 3x5... I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.ing exhausting to train while in ketosis... I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post....
I am not quite sure which rule I broke by writing whatever I wrote there but accepting the censorship nonetheless
Unread 11-08-2014, 04:43 AM

Day 5

So my free meal (350g Steak, potato, sour cream, salad, dessert) turned out to be too calorie dense, therefore those macros happened:

1800kcal, 220p, 115c, 51f

Ok with it, but next one will be kept in check.