BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-17-2010, 10:07 AM

My 4th day on Bromo, 2.5mg mid morning, with standard EC dose.

I am quite surprised at how quickly I appear to have acclimated to it, compared to how I felt when I took my first dose on Friday.

On Friday, I quite literally felt as if I were going to pass out - several times in short order - each time, I took large gulps of Coca Cola, laid down on the bed and felt better within minutes. This all passed within about 5 hrs after ingestion.

I have also kept and eaten a few pieces of licorice (fat free) whenever I felt a little woozy. This seems to work.

Today, I noticed very little wooziness and now wondering whether I should go to 5mg. at some point.

VL
Unread 05-21-2010, 07:52 PM

10 mg of Bromo, and no side effects.
I was off Bromo for two days last weekend, started at 8 again (a bit stupid, seeing that I had been off for a couple of days), felt nausea, threw up and had to lay down on the bathroom floor. The next day I took 5 mg at around lunch, 4 hours later I peaked and felt euphoric, and the sensation lasted for several hours. Today I started at 5 mg, added 1.25 every other hour to see if I could get the same feeling or at least some side-effects to measure Bromo's effect on me, but nothing happened, I just felt a little tired after a while.

Why am I not experiencing sides on such high doses? Is my tolerance too high?
Any thoughts on this?

PS: From looking at my body in the mirror, I can clearly see differences in bodyfat, only after a couple of days.

But I'm kinda worried about not feeling any sides except from the first day. Could I actually be suffering from hyperprolactinaemia, not knowing about this whilst trying to normalize my leptin levels? How high on the dose should I go?
Unread 05-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Administrator

What's the book suggest? And some drugs show opposite effects at high vs. low doses. Or different effects in any case.
Unread 05-24-2010, 06:14 AM

I cant seem to find anything about Bromo on the World Anti-Doping site, is it allowed in natural bodybuilding?
Unread 05-24-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latereality View Post
I cant seem to find anything about Bromo on the World Anti-Doping site, is it allowed in natural bodybuilding?
It is not banned.
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
Unread 06-02-2010, 01:42 AM

for natural bodybuilding be careful, WNBF for example polygraphs you and one of the requirements is no prescription weight loss drugs...
Unread 06-02-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelly View Post
for natural bodybuilding be careful, WNBF for example polygraphs you and one of the requirements is no prescription weight loss drugs...
Bromo IS a prescription drug, it is primarily a prolactin inhibitor for the treatment of pituitary abnormalities and is also prescribed as an early treatment for Parkinson's disease.

Bromo has just recently been approved for treatment of type 2 diabetes (glucose control) under the name cycloset.

It is used OFF LABEL for weight loss (i.e. Lyle wrote a book about it, some doctors were smart enough to both read it and start thinking about it and voila - off label scripts have been written for it)
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
8. Supplement evidence
Unread 06-02-2010, 07:33 AM

I don't understand the point of running large doses of bromo (7.5mg+). 2.5-5mg is more than enough. (From my experimentation leaner individuals should aim for the higher end while obese individuals for the lower end)

10mg is extreme over-kill. Not to mention your prolactin levels are going to be near zero at that dosage.
Unread 06-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Administrator

More is better, everybody knows that.
Unread 06-02-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Adams View Post
I don't understand the point of running large doses of bromo (7.5mg+). 2.5-5mg is more than enough. (From my experimentation leaner individuals should aim for the higher end while obese individuals for the lower end)

10mg is extreme over-kill. Not to mention your prolactin levels are going to be near zero at that dosage.
search for my thread on body temperature correlation using bromo at various dosing levels in a large calorie deficit.
8. Supplement evidence