BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-14-2009, 03:33 PM

Default Morkai's RFL plan

Hi everyone,

I have long heard about Lyle but reading a recent post over at JCD Fitness got me over here along with a purchase of RFL.

My husband and I have decided to take that scary step into parenthood and I want to get rid of this weight once and for all before I get pregnant. I have 2 months until my depo provera contraception runs out (although after 15 years on it I highly doubt I will be getting pregnant immediately) so I am giving myself that long at least. I'm not sure if doing RFL while trying to actively get pregnant is a good idea or not. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Current stats:
Female, 31
Weight: 182.2
Height: 5' 4"
Category 3
BF: 36%
Activity: Weight Training, I train in Jiu-Jitsu and use Kettlebells.
Goal Weight: 132 (ish I will evaluate that number as I get closer)

There is a lot of bloating on my current weight, I have been on a business trip all week and I ate like crap. I was 175 when I left so I am expecting a pretty quick initial drop. BF is from my tanita scale. I have been using it daily for years so I am well tuned to its and my fluctuations.

So according to the calculator I get 116g of protein a day.

Here is what I have setup for tomorrow if people could pass opinions on it I'd be grateful. I am fairly happy to sit and eat the same foods day in and day out so I will not deviate too much, I did pick up some green beans, some salmon and turkey and shrimp in addition to what is listed below so I will have some variety.

Spark people link

Breakfast:
Egg beaters (15tbsp)
1 Kraft fat free american cheese slice
2 tbsp Salsa
1.5tsp of Carlsons fish oil

Cal: 231 P: 30g C: 5g F: 6g

Lunch
6oz Ground turkey 99% fat free
100g broccoli

Cal: 209 P: 45g C: 5g F: 2g

Dinner
6oz skinless chicken breast
100g asparagus
1.5tsp of Carlsons fish oil.

Cal: 270 P: 42g C: 5g F: 8g

Total: Cal: 710 P: 116g C: 15g F: 16g

I use liquid fish oil so I split it into two doses instead of 3. I'd rather not lug the bottle into work everyday.

Taking a Multivitamin, Potassium and a Cal/Mag/Zinc supp.
Bronkaid and Caffine supps are on their way for the EC stack.
I tend to live on black coffee, tea (green and yogi herbal teas) and water.

Workouts I do 3 evening BJJ classes a week, 20-30 min warmup then technique and 5-10 mins of rolling. From back reading the RFL forum I saw Lyle comment on a Muay Thai guy's question that this should be okay. I also do a 30 min circuit training session on Wednesday nights. I will see how this goes. I may add the fast carbs before that class. Just depends though, some circuits are kinda cardio brutal and others are more weight work.

I had bought Andrea Du Cane's Kettlebell Goddess DVD a week or so back and not sure if that would fit in with RFL. I was going to get up in the AM and do those workouts prior to finding RFL. I figure I can always do that later though so not a wasted purchase.

Okay initial ramble over, any tips, constructive criticism and/or advice are gratefully received.

Last edited by Morkai : 06-17-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Added some missed stats
Unread 06-15-2009, 07:08 AM

I am starting today as well!

I'll be following along with your progress!
Unread 06-15-2009, 10:08 AM

Heya Betty Awesome, I will hop over to your log and keep an eye on you too. Hope your first day goes better than mine

Well looks like today was a practise day. Had my breakfast as planned and got into work to find out it was someones birthday and there was one lady's extremely good rum cake. I had a small slice.

Can we have a free meal on day 1? lol. Seriously this will definitely be my last indulgence. The rest of the day will stay as planned with no deviations. One side track is no reason to break the whole day and as far as deficits are concerned I will still be in a big one. And I am definitely counting that as 1 free meal down. I don't usually flake out on day 1 but as it was only day one I figured what the hell. By the end of the week I will be in hard core mode and I'll be able to wander away from the sweet stuff without a second thought. (Positive thinking right?)
Unread 06-15-2009, 12:48 PM

YES!! Positive thinking all the way!

This won't last forever..and think of how good you will feel to know that you stuck with it and remained committed! That will make eating at maintainence one day, the easy part!
Unread 06-16-2009, 08:18 AM

Yup, that's for sure.

Well the rest of the day went awesome, hungry but otherwise good. I stuck to plan, drank like a fish (6 mugs coffee, 1.25 gallons water and a cup of green tea)

Rewarded today with a 3.6lb drop on the scale. Woot
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:11 AM

In review: Week 1, Day 1

Weight: 178.4 (-3.8)

Cal's Out: 2351
Cal's In: 677
Deficit: 1674

Steps: 6667

Breakfast: Egg whites, fat free cheese, bell pepper.
Oops: Slice of rum cake
Lunch: 99% lean ground turkey, broccoli.
Dinner: Chicken breast tenders, asparagus.

Macro's
Protein: 116.2g (70%)
Carbs: 15.3g (9%)
Fat: 15.2g (21%)

Stats are not counting the rum cake as I really have no idea where to begin on that.

Data is from my GWF. Weight is recorded first thing in the morning when I get up.

Last edited by Morkai : 06-17-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:52 AM

Ahh, I see you have a gowearfit. Fun little toy isnt it.

Just keep plugging away, that rum cake wont mean much in the long run, you are still in a high deficit even with it (assuming slice means a slice and not half the cake). I would guess its only around 400cals if it didnt have some extra large layer of frosting on it.

If I may ask how much does your scale fluctuate across the month? My wife is a case in water balance for sure, seemingly no obvious change in diet and she goes up 3-5 pounds randomly. Never seems to go down that fast though, I liken it to gas prices, they always go up quickly, but come down slowly.
Unread 06-16-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post
Ahh, I see you have a gowearfit. Fun little toy isnt it.

Just keep plugging away, that rum cake wont mean much in the long run, you are still in a high deficit even with it (assuming slice means a slice and not half the cake). I would guess its only around 400cals if it didnt have some extra large layer of frosting on it.

If I may ask how much does your scale fluctuate across the month? My wife is a case in water balance for sure, seemingly no obvious change in diet and she goes up 3-5 pounds randomly. Never seems to go down that fast though, I liken it to gas prices, they always go up quickly, but come down slowly.
Has your wife got her thyroid levels checked?
When my levels aren't optimized (i have hypothyroidism) I retain water like no other. I could gain a good 10 pounds on the scale just from drinking a little water or eating a normal meal.
Unread 06-16-2009, 10:32 AM

Hi Anti, yup, I absolutely love it, been using it since March.

No frosting on the cake at all and yup, just a small slice I was just peeved it was day 1 of a new plan. But as you say no big deal, I just didn't want to come across as a total flake to anyone reading this I will be good from here on out, I have to be.. I have no idea what my time frame is going to be to hit goal.

I have an older Tanita, it doesn't have the hydration levels in there so I can't tell that much. I have been eyeballing some of the newer ones, they are extremely appealing to a geek, especially the blue tooth one that talks back to your computer automatically. Omgwant! lol, not at that price though.

My BF% levels stay very consistent on it though. As long as I weigh at the same time every day. I'm expecting that 36% to shoot up about 2-3% because of the low carb, I figured that out a long time ago, I guess cause the body is holding less water. I am fairly consistent with my water intake as well, in amount and drinking times. I rarely drink after 7pm though as I prefer not getting up at 3am having to go pee. That ends up being mostly irrelevant when I am on low carb diets though. I always end up having to get up even if I stop drinking early.

My weight is also very consistent. Any fluctuations are very obviously due to actions the day before. If I keep my diet consistent I rarely see any random fluctuations and certainly not big ones, my weight will typically stay within .2-.4 lbs and I weigh every day.

I keep a graph over at Skinnyr and when I review it I can always pinpoint the cheat meal bumps. That said it does not take much for me to skyrocket in weight when I misbehave. Take last week, I put on 8lbs. Obviously it was primarily bloat water and food in my gut, I wish I had been able to estimate what my intake was. I didn't think i was eating much but there was a bunch of crap and a lot of sugar. I'll see when my weight settles after this initial drop.

I am also lucky on the depo provera. I don't get periods at all so I don't suffer the monthly water retention bumps a lot of women get. That is definitely something I am about to find out if it will affect me in the coming months depending on how long it takes me to get pregnant.
Unread 06-16-2009, 08:16 PM

did you gain weight on the depo provera?
I have heard a lot of women complaining about weight gain on it.