BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-20-2009, 07:02 AM

Default Sly's RFL Log ( please don't ignore me :P )

I have been lurking around the board asking questions and what not, but the time has come for me to jump in with both feet.

Background Info
Stats
Sex: Male
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 202.4
bf% ~20%

I have been lifting on and off since starting football in middle school. I was always a chubby kid, but have never been what I would consider obese. I was always very self conscious about my body, because I was kind of between being the jock and the fat kid. I wasn't fat enough to be the lovable fat guy, but not in shape enough to be the athletic type. I was kind of the doughboy I guess.

As of now I am the heaviest I have ever been, and the time has come for a change. My goal is to get back down to around 170 lbs, and in about the same shape as I was here:

I will attempt to find my digital camera sometime today to take "before" pics

I got there by doing a mix of MMA, Crossfit, and powerlifting. My diet started off with Tom Venuto's "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle", and then progressed into a Zone type diet for ease of use.

Somehow over the last two years I have slowly declined into the miserable glob I am now. I put on 30 lbs of flab that I had fought so hard to lose in the first place. I am not one to make excuses, but I think a lot of it had to do with life just finally getting to me. Over the last two years I have had a lot of personal, family, and financial issues and I guess my fitness/physique got put on the back burner.

All that is behind me now. My life is looking up, and things are taking a turn for the better. The biggest thing missing now, is a body I can be proud of.

My plan is to use RFL to kickstart my journey. I don't expect to lose 30 lbs on RFL, but I do plan to see some rapid results before moving on to a different weight loss program like UD 2.0.

My workout routine will usually be as follows:
Mon: 1/2 UD 2.0 depletion workout
Tues: off/maybe light cardio
Wed: Squat 3x5, Bench 3x5, Pullup 3x5
Thurs: off/maybe light cardio
Fri: Squat 3x5, OHP 3x5, Deadlift 1x5
Sat: off/maybe light cardio
Sun: off/ maybe light cardio
* light cardio being walking the dog, a short hike in the woods, etc.

I will post my daily diet on www.fitday.com and provide a link here in my journal.

I will weigh in daily first thing in the morning and record weight fluctuation in terms of +/- lbs.

I will also try to add a daily note. It may be how I am feeling, any results I am noticing, etc.

Motivation! Here is where I need you guys I honestly need your help to keep me going, to keep me honest, and to keep me on track. If I knew there weren't creeps out there I would give you my cell number so you can call and bother me if I don't update on time. In all seriousness though, I need you to check in on me and keep me in line.
Unread 07-20-2009, 10:16 AM

O.K., here are those dreaded before pics.

These were taken this morning before breakfast *gulp*

Food and weights to come later...
Unread 07-20-2009, 12:45 PM

good luck Sly.

I think you might find it difficult to squat twice in three days while on this diet. You might want to re-think your exercise selection and wo schedule.
Unread 07-20-2009, 01:27 PM

I was able to squat twice, but after doing it for a week I realized it was pointless and then just moved heavy squats to one day a week.

Actually I did that with all of my heavy workout, I did a depletion on monday, a form/dynamic workout on wednesday, and my heavy/power workout was on friday before refeed.

Just plan on this diet being muscle maintenance, and to maintain you only need to lift heavy one session per week. No need to do it twice, especially not 2 days apart. My personal preference was to have the hardest workout be right before refeed, but Im not sure if that is necessarily the best way, just my preference.
Unread 07-20-2009, 02:06 PM

Thanks guys. I think I will keep it as is until I am no longer able. I know with this diet I am not going to see much in the way of strength gains, but I am still "tweaking" my squat form so to speak so I need the practice. Also, I just got a buddy into lifting and he is on the Starting Strength program, so I try to workout with him when I can to keep him (and me) motivated.
Unread 07-20-2009, 02:10 PM

Sly, just stopping by to subscribe. The good news is that you've already been there (170 lbs pic), so you already know what you're capable of.
Unread 07-20-2009, 02:14 PM

Thanks Sooner! I don't know if its better to have been there or not. Right now I feel like a fool for letting myself get this far out of hand, but on the other hand like you said I know I am capable of doing it!

Bad news is due to some car trouble, I won't be lifting today I will be picking it up Wednesday though!
Unread 07-20-2009, 09:48 PM

Day 1, Week 1
Weight: 202.6 lbs (start)
Supplements: Multi-vitamin x2, ECA x3, Fish Oil Capsule x6

Training: none, had car trouble

Diet: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...slyblackdragon
Calories-1087
Protein- 190 g
Carbs- 17.6 g
Fat- 23.7 g

Note- Little pissed that I missed my workout my first day, but I feel I made up for it by nailing the diet. Have been urinating almost constantly, so there is sure to be some water weight lost by tomorrow morning. Onwards and upwards! Well, hopefully downwards...
Unread 07-21-2009, 06:17 AM

I appreciate your sense of humor! I think you'll get back down there sooner than you think! Just stick with it!
Unread 07-21-2009, 01:17 PM

Default Holy Water Loss Batman!

Week 1, Day 2
Weight: 194.6 lbs -8 lbs
Supplements: Multi-vitamin x2, ECA x3, Fish Oil Capsule x6

Diet- http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...slyblackdragon
Calories- 1018
Protein- 178.8 g
Carbs- 11.7 g
Fat- 26.5 g

Note: Not much to report today. Haven't been peeing as much as usual, so assume the beginning "water whoosh" is gone. Here's to some "fat whooshes" coming soon! On that note, I seem to look considerably leaner today. I guess I was holding a lot of subcutaneous water.

Last edited by SlyBlackDragon : 07-21-2009 at 10:12 PM.