BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Banned

Red face Why I, bodybuilder wont be as important as you think.

Anyone find it funny that the "black-ops" program hasn't even come out yet. And now they are trying to make excuses as to why many will not get good results with it.

CT over at t-nation posted a thread with the same title as this one, stating that many people wont get good results because they are not lifting "right" And that for them the program will just be like any other online program.

I dunno I find this kinda funny. To me, this is just more proof that ANY program out there can work very well, if you are following it right. A basic 5x5 or 3x10 can be adapted to meet the needs of probably 90% of people, and if they eat right, and "lift right" they'll get good results.

A part of me thinks that CT could be on to something with these "high-threshold hypertrophy" techniques, and this could be the next big breakthrough in training. But then a bigger part of me sees these catchy terms and bogus claims as marketing hype, and im still VERY skeptical. T-nation to me is just your basic supplement company and nothing better. But I will hand it to them; they may not be anything special when it comes to training knowledge, but they sure know marketing well.

If these twitch reps, and muscle activation techniques were able to activate more motor units then just lifting heavy and explosive, then why aren't powerlifters and weightlifters doing all sorts of "high-threshold" activation work?
Unread 10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Administrator

They are playing a game of CYA. Recognizing that their claims are completely bogus and nobody can actually get the claimed results, they are just protecting themselves by building up a reason why the program didn't work for people.

So when exactly everyone fails to make the results that Thib got, it will be 'their fault for not lifting right'. Not because the program was based on nothing but hype and BS from the start.
Unread 10-09-2009, 12:35 PM

Let me tell you this: if you do not master the art of the perfect curl, do not grasp how to get into that activated state and don't know how to autoregulate, then your new workout will simply be just another internet program... no better or worse than the tens of thousand already available, and that would truly sadden me.

Let's start with the PERFECT curl. The perfect curl is a set in itself, an athletic event. Every single curl should be performed so that you juice everything you can get growth-wise out of it, regardless of the actual weight you are lifting.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know how stupid it sounds... we all know how to do that, right? We all control, but don't go slow on purpose on the eccentric and try to be explosive on the concentric, right? Let me tell you this, most of you who think that they are doing it, aren't.

It took all of 4 days to really get, and were able to perform consistently perfect curls. And once they got it, despite doing minimal actual training they all felt super sore but motivated to train.

It honestly shocked me how far away most guys were from that perfect curl, despite thinking themselves that they were doing it. And I consider these guys advanced and very knowledgeable about training. So I can only imagine how the average gym rat is!

And the thing is that it all starts with that perfect curl. If you can't do perfect curls every single time, then your new workout will not work like it should. If you can't do those perfect curls, there is no logic in you using advanced methods.

The KEY to producing growth, to getting that perfect curl, is finding a way to maximize the amount of force produced at the turnaround point (when you switch from the eccentric to the concentric). The FIRST 4 inches in the range of motion are totally the key! The turnaround should not only be rapid, it must be snappy. The faster and more powerful the turnaround is, the more force the muscle will produce and the more muscle damage you will inflict.

A lot of people 'get' the need to try to accelerate during that concentric phase. But most of them are still slow at that turnaround point. The gradually build up speed during the whole curl, good, but not perfect if you are not able to produce optimal force in the stretch position.

Every single method we have is based on putting a maximum stress on the muscle in that stretch position. Our regular curls are all bout that powerful turnaround... if you don't get it, you will not benefit from any of the things we are doing.

Twitch curls are actually a learning tool: they are used to work on that snappy turnaround skill. We just happen to found out that they were also very good at activating the nervous system.

curls from a deadstart and blast isos put a lot of stress on the stretch position for another reason: they take out the reflex action out of the stretch position, so the muscles themselves have to contract extra hard to produce the necessary force to lift the weight. The blast isos also have the advantage of putting you in that aggressive/attacking mode which favors that explosive curl.

Even the way I NOW recommend doing negatives/eccentric training is based on putting stress on that stretch position (more on that one in the future).

Master the perfect curl... learn to be a 'turnaround genius' and you will be able to stimulate growth with every single curletition, not only that last grueling curl of a set. If you don't learn that perfect curl... than none of what we will put on the net during this project will wok any better than the average program.
Unread 10-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank yangs left quad View Post
Let me tell you this: if you do not master the art of the perfect curl, do not grasp how to get into that activated state and don't know how to autoregulate, then your new workout will simply be just another internet program... no better or worse than the tens of thousand already available, and that would truly sadden me.

Let's start with the PERFECT curl. The perfect curl is a set in itself, an athletic event. Every single curl should be performed so that you juice everything you can get growth-wise out of it, regardless of the actual weight you are lifting.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know how stupid it sounds... we all know how to do that, right? We all control, but don't go slow on purpose on the eccentric and try to be explosive on the concentric, right? Let me tell you this, most of you who think that they are doing it, aren't.

It took all of 4 days to really get, and were able to perform consistently perfect curls. And once they got it, despite doing minimal actual training they all felt super sore but motivated to train.

It honestly shocked me how far away most guys were from that perfect curl, despite thinking themselves that they were doing it. And I consider these guys advanced and very knowledgeable about training. So I can only imagine how the average gym rat is!

And the thing is that it all starts with that perfect curl. If you can't do perfect curls every single time, then your new workout will not work like it should. If you can't do those perfect curls, there is no logic in you using advanced methods.

The KEY to producing growth, to getting that perfect curl, is finding a way to maximize the amount of force produced at the turnaround point (when you switch from the eccentric to the concentric). The FIRST 4 inches in the range of motion are totally the key! The turnaround should not only be rapid, it must be snappy. The faster and more powerful the turnaround is, the more force the muscle will produce and the more muscle damage you will inflict.

A lot of people 'get' the need to try to accelerate during that concentric phase. But most of them are still slow at that turnaround point. The gradually build up speed during the whole curl, good, but not perfect if you are not able to produce optimal force in the stretch position.

Every single method we have is based on putting a maximum stress on the muscle in that stretch position. Our regular curls are all bout that powerful turnaround... if you don't get it, you will not benefit from any of the things we are doing.

Twitch curls are actually a learning tool: they are used to work on that snappy turnaround skill. We just happen to found out that they were also very good at activating the nervous system.

curls from a deadstart and blast isos put a lot of stress on the stretch position for another reason: they take out the reflex action out of the stretch position, so the muscles themselves have to contract extra hard to produce the necessary force to lift the weight. The blast isos also have the advantage of putting you in that aggressive/attacking mode which favors that explosive curl.

Even the way I NOW recommend doing negatives/eccentric training is based on putting stress on that stretch position (more on that one in the future).

Master the perfect curl... learn to be a 'turnaround genius' and you will be able to stimulate growth with every single curletition, not only that last grueling curl of a set. If you don't learn that perfect curl... than none of what we will put on the net during this project will wok any better than the average program.
When I started reading your post, I thought this was your commentary and you were being sarcastic. And then I read a little further and realized this is the article and those are CT's words.

Absolutely hysterical that what he's advocating comes across as sarcasm.
Unread 10-09-2009, 03:37 PM

I thought the training didn't matter as long as you were taking ANACONDA.
Unread 10-09-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyarms View Post
Thought WRONG. Training is ALL that matters. Only problem: with a routine as extreme as I, BODYBUILDER ALL CAPS, you need an extreme peri workout protocol. And since insulin insulin insulin insulin thingy insulin bro, only ANACONDA ALLCAPS can do.
Unread 10-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyarms View Post
No, Anaconda only works in certain ways, and so does I, Bodybuilder.

For I bodybuilder to work, there are two things needed.

1) EVERY rep must be performed perfectly. Simply lowering the weight under control and lifting it explosively just wont get the job done here.

2) And if you aren't taking ANACONDA and focusing on meal timing, then I, bodybuilder will be too intense for you and you wont get results.

So if you try I, bodybuilder and dont get the claimed results, its because you ignored one of the above two. You must have had a rep somewhere in one of your workouts, that just wasn't perfect. Or, you might not have mixed your Anaconda to the right concentration, or possibly didn't time it correctly.

And Anaconda works in a very similar way. It is pretty much a magic bullet that will give you the best gains possible. But, it only works for high threshold hypertrophy. And if it doesn't work for you, your nutrient timing, is probably off.
Unread 10-09-2009, 06:34 PM

In the end, it's curls in the squat rack + drinking your shakes.
Unread 10-09-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank yangs left quad View Post
In the end, it's curls in the squat rack + drinking your shakes.
you forgot the shrugs
Unread 10-09-2009, 06:51 PM

what is this I, Bodybuilder you all speak of? I am in the dark!