BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-01-2008, 08:32 AM

Arrow 10 Day PSMF

Hi All,

I am starting a 10 day PSMF starting tomorrow (surely the most popular word in dieting!) and wanted a place where I can track my progress. The reason for the diet is that I am going out with an ex-boyfriend on an evening do on 12th March and want to drop a few pouunds for then - I have the dress ... and the shoes!!! but I want to lose a bit of my 'tummy' bloat if possible.

I have read the Rapid Fat Loss Handbook and I also have the Flexible Dieting booklet too which I am beginning to read. Some stats about me:

Am 5' 6", weigh 188lbs and according to the charts etc in RFLH I am 40% bodyfat (yikes!), and the 188lbs is broken down into 112.8lbs of BM and 75.2lbs of fat. Any improvement is going to be helpful and I am looking forward to shedding a few pounds but also getting into a more healthier lifestyle in general ... I am a bit like a second rate Bridget Jones so any help would be much appreciated!

I am starting tomorrow and have got in some chicken, salad and veggies which will make up the majority of my meals and I need to buy a good multi-vit and fish oils which I will get tomorrow. I live and work in Central London and I walk to work and back Monday - Friday (20 mins each way) and I also swim for 30 mins most days and go in the steam room for 10 mins.

I am having my free meals on Wednesday night (am out with my friend Sue) and also next Saturday which is when I normally go out. I know that it is going to be tough but itis only for 10 days and vanity is a good motivator.

Tonight I have a friend staying over and I am cooking dinner ... will use this as an opportunity to use up some of the foods in the fridge which will not be on plan - not too bad, am planning to make a chicken salad with feta, broccoli, walnuts and sesame seeds; will probably have a glass or two of red wine and then we are going out to a local seedy bar for a boogie and another drink or two.

Unread 03-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonAnne View Post
The reason for the diet is that I am going out with an ex-boyfriend on an evening do on 12th March and want to drop a few pouunds for then - I have the dress ... and the shoes!!!
LOL, that can be one heck of a motivator alright, a useful kickstart!

Hi
Unread 03-01-2008, 07:27 PM

Hi Sarah

Well, I have just staggered in from the bar and I have had a boogie for about 3 hours straight although it was fuelled by a few shots of vodka with apple juice - dinner was nice, I made a chicken salad - roasted the chicken breasts in a touch of lemon juice, pinch each of dried garlic granules and chilli flakes and had them chopped up in a leafy green salad with tomato, feta cheese and walnut pieces ... my friend Clare liked it and was very filling.

Tomorrow I intend to go to the gym for a swim and also to weigh myself, I like to go there most nights after work so it is good to keep track of my weight through the scales there - also I can readjust my stats if need be. I've had the RFLH for about 3 weeks and have read it carefully ... I think I have lost a bit of weight from the188lbs posted which I calculated then, but I do not keep scales in the house or else I would be on them every 20 mins. There is also a chemist nearby where I can buy the fish oils and multi-vit.

I have re-read some of the book today (especially with my 10 day PSMF goal in mind) and realise that I might be a bit of a wuss with wanting 2 free meals in that time period ... what I think I might do is just have one on Wednesday night as it is my friend Sue's birthday and we are going out for a meal in one of my favourite restaurants in London - the Wolseley, so I normally have stuff like steak tartare etc ... not too bad, but I normally swill it down with some decent red which I know is my weakness ... we shall see, I am totally into wanting to do the PSMF so I can do damage limitation.
Unread 03-02-2008, 10:21 AM

Today hasn't been too bad, I need to think about my breakfast meals as I normally have a bowl of oatmeal when I get to work in the morning and instead I will have to have a egg white omlette or something.

Food so far:

Breakfast: plate of plain cold broccoli leftover from last night, I didnt have any eggs in - it was surprisingly nice, even though I was slightly hungover!

Lunch: can of water-packed tuna, drained with spring onions (I think they are called scallions in the US), a chopped tomato, some leafy green salad and a dollop of hot mustard mixed in the tuna.

Dinner: will cook some chicken breasts, they are pretty small and I plan to eat 2 tonight (roasted with lemon juice, chilli and garlic powder) and have with broccoli and cauliflower and will take one to work tomorrow with salad etc for my lunch.

I went swimming today, am 183lbs so have lost 5lbs in the last week in prep for starting the PSMF - mainly cutting out mid-week drinking, no sweets except for fruit etc and it has given results. It is good to see the scale go down however it doesn't really have any impact on the PSMF, I am still category 3 and have to eat about 100g of protein a day.

On the way back from the gym I walked home via the local shops and bought in some eggs, prawns, cod fillets and more chicken breasts ... that way I can get in more variety of protein sources throughout the week and not slip into eating just chicken day in, day out. I also bought a pack of multi-vits and also a tub of fish oil capsules which I will take before dinner tonight.

I also bought the most hormonal pair of trainers which I have had my eye on for a while but they haven't had my size in stock, they are very unusual and my flatmate thinks they are hideous! They are very comfy though so will be good to wear whilst walking to work and back. Have attached a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new trainers.JPG (92.0 KB, 63 views)
Unread 03-02-2008, 01:18 PM

Yeah, those are pretty ugly ... but if they are comfy!
Unread 03-02-2008, 03:04 PM

You should have seen the pair that I originally wanted but they didn't have my size ... they were the same style, black leather with a pink swoosh, pink laces and a pink sole ... probably the trainer equivalent of a cry for help!
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:44 PM

Food today has been:

B: A 3 egg white omlette - 2 fish oil caps and multi-vit
L: Large leafy green salad with roasted chicken breast, chopped tomato and spring onions - 2 fish oil caps
D: Large portion (250g) of king prawns with leafy salad and squish of lime juice and pinch of salt. 2 fish oil caps

Snack: sliced roast chicken breast with roasted tomato

Water: 2 litres

Drinks: About 4 cups of tea with low-fat milk, also about 100 mls of low fat milk this morning as a drink.

I walked to work and back in my new trainers which got a few weird stares ... went to the gym after work but just for a 15 min soak in the spa pool and then a 10 min steam. Weighed myself and am 182lbs.

Also went to the supermarket and got in more veggies, some low-fat cottage cheese and more lemons.

Last edited by LondonAnne : 03-03-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Unread 03-04-2008, 01:01 AM

My food stats for yesterday were (I use a tracker on Tesco.com - UK equivalent of Walmart - which gives food values in UK measures ... I am not used to 'cups'!!

Anyway:

Calories: 670 - this seems mega-low
11g fat
19g carbs
3g fibre
120g protein

I slept OK although was up during the night a couple of times during the night wanting to pee. Note to self: drinking water in the evening (about 1 litre) especially around bedtime will result in a few trips to the loo .. I will space out my water a bit more today and see if that has any effect.
Unread 03-04-2008, 02:35 PM

Food today has been:

B: 3 egg white omlette with half chicken breast, 25g of low-fat cottage cheese and 2 roasted tomatoes. 2 fish oil caps and multi-vit. This felt like a very substantial meal but I finished it off.

Mid-morning snack: about 75g of large prawns with squeeze of lime juice and salt.

Lunch: Large leafy salad with large roasted chicken breast, roasted tomato, 2" cucumber sliced and about 50g of low-fat cottage cheese.2 fish oil caps.
Dinner: large fillet of cod (oven steamed in foil with lemon juice) and homemade spicy ratatouie made with tomatoes, corgettes, scallions, garlic and 2 chopped chillies - it turned out nice and was quite a potent goo. I have plenty leftover to take to work for lunch tomorrow along with a roasted chicken breast which I cooked at the same time as the cod. 2 fish oil caps.

Also had 2 litres of water and about 200 mls of low-fat milk which I had in tea trhoughout the day.

I am feeling pretty full from the food I had today, the macros are:

Cals - 880
Carbs - 33g
Fat - 15g
Protein - 153g

I have my free meal tomorrow night, I have looked on the menu online and will probably have 6 oysters to start, steak tartare with fries for main and share an apple strudel dessert with my friend - there will also be some bread and butter involved and a few units of vino.

I am thinking about what to do after I finish the PSMF next Thursday, I still have weight to shift and need to think about starting an exercise plan instead of just using the gym for the pool, I didn't realise that my bodyfat % had got so high and it is a bit overwhelming. I have read the PSMF book, am starting on the Flexible Dieting book and have also just got the Ketogenic Diet book ... lots of information to take in ... I have something in mind along the lines of:

2nd March – 12th March – PSMF

13th March – 27th March – Diet break – read Ketogenic Diet in this time.

28th March – 9th May – Moderate Diet I – 1263 calories per day (from the calcs in the RFL book my maitenance cals are roughly 2196); 2 free meals per week; PSMF levels of protein with the addition of measured nuts, reduced fat cheese (it is impossible to get ff cheese in the UK), fruit, occasional starch (e.g a small baked potato once a week which is not part of a ‘free’ meal), small amounts of oil. 100g carbs a day.

10th May – 24th May – Diet Break

25th May – 20th July – Diet II – 1513 calories per day, 2 free meals per week.
Foods to be included: Diet I basics with additional starch (e.g. a small baked potato twice a week which is not part of a ‘free’ meal), beans and limited grains (e.g. 2 slices of bread twice a week), increased but measured fats (e.g. scraping of butter on the bread, small amount of low-fat mayo). 100g carbs a day.

21st July – 3rd August – Diet Break

4th August onwards – Re-evaluate nearer the time.

The above might change when I read the Ketogenic Diet before starting on the moderate diet, I know that the book has a section for beginners but I would rather read the entire book to understand the science behind it rather than just 'cherry-pick' bits out which I presume relate to my situation. I have done low-carb before but it was a really high fat version, lots of lamb and cheese and I didnt track calories at all - not surprisingly (especially because of the occasional treat and sedentary lifestyle thrown in) I put on a few pounds and felt like crud.

Anyway, stuff to ponder, I just wanted to get a few ideas down- I didn't go to the gym today to weigh, I worked quite late then walked home and chilled out making dinner.
Unread 03-05-2008, 03:41 PM

Today was a mixed bag - had such bad cravings for something starchy at lunchtime as I had to collect my boss' lunch and it smelt sooo good in the shop, but I sucked it up and went straight back to the office, ate my bagged lunch instead. My free meal was manna from the gods and I still feel mega-stuffed even though I didnt go mad, I havent done macros for the day (although I weighed myself earlier and I am 181bs( but my food has been:

B: 3 egg white omlette, a handful of cooked chicken breast, some roasted veggies leftover from last night and about 25g of low-fat cottage cheese. 2 fish oil caps and a multi-vit.
L: Cooked chicken breast with salad, roast veggies , sliced cucumber and cottage cheese, it was OK althugh a bit bland - luckily I found a few tiny sachets of salt in my drawer which did the trick. 2 fish oil caps.
D: 1 G&T, 1 glass of red wine, 6 oysters, a plate of braised beef with 3 tiny horseradish dumplings which packed a punch and then another glass of wine whilst I shared an apple strudel with my friend Sue. 2 fish oil caps.

Now home and in bed - my free meal was very nice although this diet hasn't been too bad so far - although I realise that I have just started out!! I think that it makes a substantial difference to me if I have a cooked PSMF breakfast and dinner ... my tastebuds definitely prefer a cooked meal if poss, makes it much more satisfying.