BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-03-2010, 04:58 PM

Default The Long Road Home, Sly's UD 2.0 Journal

After making such great progress with RFL and getting the go ahead in the bodyfat estimation thread I have decided it is time to jump on the UD2 wagon.

I am excited to be working out more often (I say this before my first depletion workout) and actually have a more detailed plan to follow. UD2 is going to be rough with my work schedule, but I am sure I can tweak it to make it work.

Stats are as follows:
Height: 5'8'
Weight: 170.8 lbs
BF% ~15 (according to diets in aforementioned thread)

Here are my "before" pics for UD2

I am hoping to get into the sub 10% bf club by the time I head to the beach on June 21. It isn't that far away in the scheme of things, but I hope if I put forth the effort I will get the results I am after.
Unread 05-03-2010, 05:55 PM

good luck mate, you are similar to where I started with a similar target and timeframe I think I will follow yr log

nice pyjamas there btw
Unread 05-03-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket882 View Post
good luck mate, you are similar to where I started with a similar target and timeframe I think I will follow yr log

nice pyjamas there btw
Thanks! I will have a read through your long and see how you are fairing in your progress. Its the one in your signature correct?

Oh, and these are my prized PJs, wouldn't trade em for the world
Unread 05-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Cycle 1, Day 0
Weight: 170.8 lbs
Supplements: Fish Oil Caps x6

Diet:
Protein- 188 g
Carbs- 225 g
Fat- 58.7 g

Training:
Some light PNF style stretching mostly for hamstrings, groin, and lower back. Getting "tight" really aggravates my lower back issues and I really need to work on my flexibility.

Notes: After some careful deliberation I think starting the cycle on Tuesday will work best for my schedule. With the normal (Monday) routine I would have to do the power workout after working 12-18 hours at 12am or later (earlier?) on Saturday (Sunday?) and have to be at work early Sunday morning. On Sundays I am usually home by 9 pm and don't have a problem with a late workout since I won't have to be at work until Monday evening.

I bought some cheap fish oil to get my by while I order some good stuff in bulk and also got my EC to last me a while. Will also probably order some creatine and l-glutamine to round things out.

For the next few cycles at least I will be limited to free weights only as that is all I have access to. Will have to get a little creative especially on the lower body depletions as high rep squats + spondylolisthesis = PAIN!

Had a Zoneish day today and since I am used to eating in the Zone format will probably eat 16 ish blocks for my Sunday and Mondays (a tad under maintenance since my goal is MAX fat loss.)

Now to enjoy some chili and watch some hockey!

Last edited by SlyBlackDragon : 05-03-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Unread 05-04-2010, 11:42 PM

*depletion workouts are the work of the devil, just sayin...

Cycle 1, Day 1
Weight: 169.4 lbs -1.4 lbs
Supplements: Fish Oil Caps x6, EC Stack x2, Multivitamin x1, Calcium and Potassium

Diet:
Calories- 1256
Protein- 156.7 g
Carbs- 50.1 g
Fat- 49.2 g

Training:
Depletion Workout
*only managed 1.5 rounds, this stuff is BRUTAL!

Notes: Nailed my diet today, pretty happy with how it worked out. Feels kind of like RFL only a little more free.

Just finished my depletion workout and didn't even make it all the way through before calling it quits. Was fighting back nausea and being lightheaded the whole time, called it off when the room started spinning

I really underestimated the depletion workouts, and found it really difficult and time consuming with only free weights. I did lunges for quads, but couldn't think of a safe way to work my hamstrings with high reps without endangering my back. I am trying to hammer out a good deal with a local gym so hopefully I can remedy the situation before too long.

Sad part is I have to do it all over again tomorrow, please help me God!
Unread 05-06-2010, 01:19 AM

BF% ~15 (according to diets in aforementioned thread) from my first post in this thread, man I am losing it Meant to say estimates, how did I screw that up?

Cycle 1, Day 2
Weight: 167.6 lbs -1.8 lbs
Supplements: Fish Oil Caps x6, EC Stack x2, Multivitamin x1, Calcium and Potassium

Diet:
Calories- 1317
Protein- 154.7 g
Carbs- 34.6 g (too low)
Fat- 60.5 g (too high)

Training:
Depletion Workout
*managed to complete both rounds this time, but I wasn't happy about it.

Notes: Feel truly awful right now, but I guess that is a good sign. I feel leaner already, also flat and deflated...which is what I am shooting for with depletions, I guess.

Hunger has been a real issue so far. I think I am going to try and condense this into 2 or 3 larger meals and load up on raw broccoli with a little fat free ranch or something to help with hunger pains.

I really hope this works and this suffering is all worth it in the end.

The ends justify the means, or something like that.
Unread 05-07-2010, 12:13 AM

Cycle 1, Day 3
Weight: 167.4 lbs -.2 lbs

Diet:
Calories- 1197
Protein- 144 g (little too low)
Carbs- 23.2 g too low
Fat- 56.3

Training:
none, rest day

Notes: Still feel pretty terrible, must be doing something right. I am extremely sore, especially my quads. No idea how I am going to make it through the tension workout tomorrow.

Speaking of which, tomorrow is going to be kind of weird. I won't be able to workout until around midnight, so I will break the low carb phase about 10 or 11 pm. Hope that isn't a big issue as long as I get the workout in and the correct amount of carbs over the following 24-30 hours.
Unread 05-08-2010, 01:51 AM

Cycle 1, Day 4
Weight: 166.6 lbs -.8 lbs eep!

Diet:
Calories- 1406
Protein- 165.5 g
Carbs- 87.7 g (oops!)
Fat- 49.2 g

Training:
Was supposed to do the tension workout, but work got in the way. Was going to do it at night when I got home from work, but that was at 1:30 am and I have to be back at 9:30 in the morning!

Notes: As stated above I kinda messed up today. Had some extra carbs for my workout when I thought I was leaving work, but got stuck there for an extra 4 hours.

Will stop the carb up now and pick it up around noon tomorrow when I do the tension workout.
Unread 05-08-2010, 05:21 AM

The 4th day on low carb always gives me a nice weight drop, its almost like yr body knows th carb feast is coming and wants to let you know that all's fine

Make sure you keep 24hrs between tension and power and don't go too hard in the tension workout or you'll be knackered for power.

What do you mean by "I'll stop the carb up now"? Did you start it without doing the tension workout?
Unread 05-08-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket882 View Post

What do you mean by "I'll stop the carb up now"? Did you start it without doing the tension workout?
Yeah, I did semi start it. In the book it states to have a shake with carbs and protein or a protein bar. I didn't have either so at work (restaurant) I had a small sweet potato with my meal when I thought I was about to leave. We had a late rush and I had to stay for an extra four hours before I was able to go home and I wasn't working out at 2 am and having to function on almost no sleep for the next day.

Hope this isn't too catastrophic, but I am not too bothered by it. Lyle states in the book that it takes most people a round or two to get in the swing of things.