BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-11-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMccoy View Post
A Daily Multivitamin (3 cents a capsule @ Costco) contains all the magnesium and vitamins you need. Moreover Magnesium should be taken with other minerals like calcium (as is found in foods or multi-vitamins).
The costco multivite I have has only about 14% of the RDA of magnesium. Moreover, I've read that calcium can block magnesium absorption.

This is unrelated to poliquin being a goofball.
Unread 05-15-2010, 07:08 PM

Default CT Got Me Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
You learn how to teach a powerclean yet, CT? Cuz I,bodybiulder mark 2 or whatever is just as stupid as the previous version. But you keep scamming the marks.

or are you just going to keep sticking yoru head in here and hope that everybody has forgotten about your previous idiocy because it hasn't been mentioned for a while.

Because I never forget. And you're still a sell out conman bozo.
Back in 2002 when I was studying to develop my fund of knowledge in strength training methods for athletes, I came across CT's name. I emailed him and asked for assistance with developing a program for basketball players.

He sent me a program after I sent him $110. It was a pretty absurd program that was based on that German Volume Training model. The number of exercises, sets and reps was so high that even as a novice in putting together programs for athletes, it was clear to me that no basketball players would ever be able to tolerate it. It also had a template for some agility drills and exercises to train the middle body, both of which I found later on the internet for free. The kicker was that CT wanted me to pay additional money as my athletes transitioned into each phase of his program, of course the $110 only covered the first phase.

He also provided consultation via email but, the usage of English in his emails was so lacking in proper grammar that I gave up on using that "service". I believe French is his first language.

I learned a lesson the hard way!

Last edited by SLIM260 : 05-15-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GqArtguy View Post
And of course, the first post is stupid with no actual rebuttal to the factual statements made by the doctor:

Wow strong rebuttal!
That whole thread is insanely entertaining. Just IA ranting over and over again about how if a guy isn't that strong he can't talk about Poliquin or DePasquale or whoever else.

A guy uses tons and tons of science from medical doctors to refute everything Poliquin claims, but IA is stronger than the poster, therefore the science from the MD's is wrong.

Then he bans the guy and deletes all his posts.

The interwebz is awesome.
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:36 AM

Rob -

What is involved in becoming Poliquin certified?

No offense, but you're 18. That in itself makes it suspect to me. Qualified trainers should have extensive knowledge of A+P and kinesiology, the kind of things it generally takes 4 years of college to learn.

Unless Poliquin's system is VERY in-depth and you have in fact learned all about these things, then is seems to me like he's just in it to make a buck by selling certificates to people like you. Which fits right in with how he tries to make a quick buck peddling garbage supplements.
Unread 05-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTrainer View Post
Rob -

What is involved in becoming Poliquin certified?

No offense, but you're 18. That in itself makes it suspect to me. Qualified trainers should have extensive knowledge of A+P and kinesiology, the kind of things it generally takes 4 years of college to learn.

Unless Poliquin's system is VERY in-depth and you have in fact learned all about these things, then is seems to me like he's just in it to make a buck by selling certificates to people like you. Which fits right in with how he tries to make a quick buck peddling garbage supplements.
It kinda depends what you are getting "qualified" for. The certification probably qualifies him well to deal with people that would also go to Poliquin for training. But I doubt a college or professional team is going to say "wow you have a Poliquin certification, you're hired"....

I doubt in the gym I workout in or at my school, anybody even knows who Poliquin is. But go over to bodybuilding.com or t-nation and everyone would. That right there should tell you something.