BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-07-2011, 09:16 AM

Default DIM and Calcium D Glucarate

Hi all,

I've been looking into DIM and Calcium D Glucarate as antioxidants and to flush xenoestrogens out of my system. I think my estrogen levels are quite high.

Would anyone see any problems with using these on RFL? How about a green tea supplement?

Thanks
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Administrator

What makes you think your levels are too high?
Why do you thihnk this is a problem?

And you should stop reading Poliqin's website IMO
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Ha!

I had my bodyfat tested today (12 site method) by a Poliquin biosig. guy and my largest skinfold measurements were lower abdomen and hams/quads indicating (apparently) excessive amounts of cortisol and estrogen. He said if I were to increase my testosterone any more at this stage it would be converted straight into estrogen.The remedy for excessive estrogen, apparently, is DIM and Calcium D Glucarate. What are your thoughts on this Lyle?

Thanks
Unread 01-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Exactly. Biosig is crap.
Unread 01-08-2011, 04:39 AM

Do you at least think their 12 site bodyfat calculation method is semi-accurate?
Unread 01-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Accurate in what sense?

And as i've noted before, I don't troubleshoot other folk's programs. You want info about biosig, go pay Poliquin a billion dollars to tell you to take overpriced supplements.
Unread 01-08-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolrunnings View Post
Do you at least think their 12 site bodyfat calculation method is semi-accurate?
That depends on the skill of the practitioner. However, taking 12 measurements means more room for inaccuracy and as no-one except Poliquin uses 12 site, he's generated all of his own standards for bf%, unlike 3 and 6 site measurements which have been around for a lot longer and likely used many more people to generate their standards.

Furthermore, given all the reports you hear of people losing 10lbs of fat and gaining 9lbs of muscle after a week of biosig (with no picture evidence), you begin to question the accuracy of their measurement, and realise that the person probably just lost 1lb of fat, but telling them they lost 10lbs of fat and gained 9lbs of muscle sounds much better. However, I don't think people realise how big a physical difference that would be if that really happened, especially quickly, they would look like a different person overnight.

The thing to remember about Poliquin when people refer to his training of Olympic Athletes for the last 25+ years is that he trained them using his old principles which were ahead of his time, stuff like correcting muscle imbalances, CKD, getting people strong, changing training parameters frequently, tempo, antagonist supersets, undulating periodisation and so on. Many of his old 1998 stuff is quite good. When he became much more mainstream in 2005 with all his Personal Trainer and Strength Coach certs he was famous enough that people would believe anything he said. He WAS ahead of his time, but by then everyone else had caught up to his methods and he needed something new. Thus he invented Biosig and his supplement line, started pimping the paleo diet, acting like a naturopath, saying how important 'functional medicine doctors' are and so on. He did this around everyone's pipe dreams over spot reducing bodyfat. When anyone calls BS on his claims, people say 'He's trained Olympic athletes' which he has, but remember that he didn't use Biosig on them, that's his new thing to make a heap of money selling certs (with yearly renewals) and supps (with huge revenue there), so he's clearly a marketing genius (like tim ferriss), but like ferriss too, lacks substance.
Unread 01-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Polquin has magic calipers IMO. He measures results that objectively do not occur, have never occurred and never will occur ever. He's either delusional or a conman or both. His nonsense exists solely to sell supplements to the gullible.

I am also told that he tends to claim 'having trained an Olympian' if he happens to talk to them once.
Unread 01-08-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
I am also told that he tends to claim 'having trained an Olympian' if he happens to talk to them once.
I thought that was Cressey? I do believe Poliquin trained some Olympians way back in the day, seemed like a lot of bobsledders though? Maybe they had very little S&C and he jumped in early and captured a dominant position in that market? Who knows, he seemed to train a lot of hockey guys too, but surely it can't be too hard to secure them as clients since clowns like boyle has heaps of them. Lately in the last few years though, since he's taken his biosig circus on tour, it seems like he stops mentioning training elite athletes and olympians and more about body recomp stuff for fat middle and upper class people who have more money than exercise/nutrition knowledge, so they're happy to shell out for ubermag and insulinplex and broccoli extracts, similar demographic that the $300/month crossfit gyms attract. He definitely understands demographics though, I once saw a sample diet plan he gave for fat loss, organic buffalo steak and nuts for breakfast, shrimp cocktail for lunch, wild caught salmon and greens as a snack, organic elk for dinner, organic pear as a snack and some other nonsense. Heaps of supps (fish oil, biosig stuff), rotating meats every 5 days, rotating nuts, low fructose fruits, eating every 2-3 hours, HCl tabs, greens+ in water, 'yin' stack before bed, insulin sensitizers post-workout, whey/glutamine/glycine PWO and 100 other ridiculous things that no one could possibly afford or organise and if they did, the placebo effect would be so immense that you would likely see results and attribute them to all the $$ you shelled out, not the low calorie diet and glycolytic German Body Comp workouts.
Unread 01-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Administrator

I take most of Poliquin's claims with a big grain of salt. I know peoplel who have worked directly with him. They know the real truth. But I'm not getting into that here.

Bottom line: biosig is made-up garbage that Poliquin uses to sell expensive certs/seminars and more expensive bogus supplements.